Tuesday 25 October 2011

In which a message is left, but the meaning is unknown

"A" left me another message. At least, I think it was A. They didn't sign their name this time.

I don't know how they can navigate this city so well, but they appear to be able to know where my room will be at a given moment. Or perhaps it was merely luck that the message appeared where it did.

Today (well, tonight, actually, since the sun didn't rise as it usually did), I opened my door and saw a hedgerow. And in the center of the hedgerow was an envelope.


Seeing as the envelope bore my nom-de-plume from this journal, I decided to open it. Inside was a card with writing on the front and the back.



At first I was confused. The envelope was addressed to me, but the name on the card was "John." And was the date of November 26th important?

And then something clicked within my mind. John 11:26.

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This fits with A's other "believe in me" note, though I'm not sure why they are now using a Bible quote. Are they asking if I believe in them? Well, I believe they exist. What else do they want me to believe in?

Sam Norton

1 comment: